2017/2018 [email protected] vs Team AnandTech!
2017/2018 [email protected] vs Team AnandTech!
Competition will start at 18:00UTC December 1st 2017 and end 18:00UTC Febuary 1st 2018
We are still accepting signups after the competition starts! Get your flank in here and join the troops.

This is our first competition against another team (Team AnandTech), and we need all the help we can get.
To easily keep track of how our two teams are doing, we made a graph updated every hour of the two teams. https://scootaloo.com/folding_competition
The magic number to beat is 50million points in a day. This is AnandTech's peak last year about this time. Our current record for points in one day is 36,806,844: I think we can do better.

Competing in the competition
  • To get started, just download and install the [email protected] software
  • Pick a username to fold under (it automatically registers it when setting up the software)
  • Set a quick little passkey (optional, but recommended)
  • Set the team to 212997 (very important, go pony power!)
  • In addition to installing the software, make a post in this thread saying "Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is SirFoldAlot even though my username on this forum is RainbowCrash41902."
It is not necessary to post in this thread if all you want to do is help the [email protected] team beat Team AnandTech. It is necessary if you want to win a prize though.

About the Competition
The [email protected] software is biological simulation software for research done at colleges across the world. It performs many calculations, and places a load on your system, causing hardware to heat up. While the [email protected] software is designed to go unnoticed by reducing its usage in real time to prevent disruptions to your own usage, you can also limit the maximum usage of the program to keep heat at a safe level. Monitor the first few minutes of running the software, and adjust accordingly, especially on laptops. In most cases, no adjustment is necessary though.

Because [email protected] does not count bonus points unless you complete 10 work units or more, I highly suggest you set up the software several days before the competition starts. When the competition ends you can of course stop the software, however you would be stopping your computer from doing research. The whole point of this competition is to get ponies running the software on their computers for ongoing biological research.

If you want to donate something for a prize, please PM me the details with pictures/links for what it is.
List of Prizes
  1. Video card, AMD RX 580 https://kek.gg/u/35MYX donated by davidfg4
  2. Rarity plushy
  3. Scootaloo plushy
  4. 1-2 pony commission by Silfoe Example
  5. 1 character commission by viwrastupr, simple background, Example
  6. 1 character commission by kawaiipony, Example
  7. Any 60 euro/dollar steam game of choice, donated by tyyppix
  8. Any tie or bowtie of choice from http://mylittleties.com/ donated by kaitou42
  9. Any PDF copy of Ponyfinder that is desired from David Silver
  10. Corsair H100i liquid cooler donated by Justino
Prizes are distributed based on a raffle ticket system. The more you fold and get points, the more tickets you get.
The first ticket drawn gets first pick and so on until there are no more prizes.

Feel free to ask about anything if things are unclear.
Cheers, and may the best pony win. Rainbowdetermined2
IRC channel Yay for [email protected] (irc.canternet.org #foldingismagic)
http://derpy.me/gLbV2

[Image: sigimage.php?u=605723&t=212997&b=twilight3]

reserved for ponies who enter the competition and who wins what

List of Competitors
bronyathome.org nickname | [email protected] nickname
14flash | 14flash
7-11WasAnInsideJob | 7-11WasAnInsideJob
aethe | aethe
ArtemisPlum | ArtemisPlum
BreakPoint | BreakPoint
BronyTime001 | BronyTime001
Ceepert | Ceepert
Colgate | Minuette
CyberPon3 | CyberPon3
davidfg4 | davidfg4
DeadMansReach | DeadMansReach
Deltalizer | Deltalizer
EasyNameToSay | EasyNameToSay
eflyjason | eflyjason
Elon_Musk | Elon_Musk
EpicestGamer | EpicestGamer
EquineVincitOmnia | EquineVincitOmnia
FeldwebelBrony | FeldwebelBrony
FoxWithGun | FoxWithGun
galactose | galactose
Glotzer3d | Glotzer3d
IdhrenLives | IdhrenLives
ILikePizza555 | ILikePizza555
Indeedicus | Indeedicus
invertigo | 35
jasonbluefire | jasonbluefire
Jetbird08 | Jetbird08
Jupiter88 | Jupiter88
Justino | Justino
Katisha | Katisha
Krystal | Krystal_Flores
KTOdius | KTOdius
Llisandur | Llisandur
locodash11 | locodash11
Lonoxmont | Lonoxmont
loversh | loversh
no name bane | nonamebane
noonespecific | noonespecific
Nyinx D'Lune | Nyinxie
Peach Hack | Peach_Hack
Personifire | Persona
phat_guy | phat_guy
pinormous | pinormous
PoNyePiC | PoNyePiC
Protocat | Protocat
ps17473 | ps17473
PSFMer | PSFMer
Rainboom_Dash | Rainboom_Dash
RoBorg | RoBorg
Ruthalas | Ruthalas
seatsea | seatsea
Silver Scroll | Silver_Scroll
skehmatics | skehmatics
SkyShepherd | SkyShepherd
SoleGen | SoleGen
StrawberryPone | StrawberryPone
SturdySolace | Avian_Influenza
SweetSkies | SweetSkies
Swift_Crescendo | Swift_Crescendo
SXRXE | SXRXE
Talifan9 | Talifan9
TallonRain | TallonRain
TheMajorTechie | TheMajorTechie
TheWattsMan | TheWattsMan
Tryp | Tryp
tyyppix | tyyppix
VoidTemplar2000 | VoidTemplar
WUBBSY | WUBBSY
Xinef | Xinef

I'm in username is tyyppix.

[Image: sigimage.php?u=694952&t=212997&b=scootaloo1]
[Image: sigimage.php?e=tyyppix&b=vinylscratch1]

Count me in. Talifan9 !
Also, are we going to accept prize donations from their team as well? Could be useful :)

Edit: Also...have folding sigs been broken for forever?
[Image: sigimage.php?u=641045&t=212997&b=fluttershy1][Image: sigimage.php?e=Talifan9&b=twilight1]

(2017-11-06, 07:02:19 AM)Talifan9 Wrote: Count me in. Talifan9 !
Also, are we going to accept prize donations from their team as well? Could be useful :)

Edit: Also...have folding sigs been broken for forever?

yes, the signature banners have been non-functional for a long time. Hiigarian needs to poke the extreme overclocking people about getting us un-banned from the requests 

Quote:Just a quick update. The stats have been upgraded to HTTPS and for the most part should transparently switch you to the secure version of the site. I did code in an exception for the xml feeds & sig images where HTTPS is available but the server won't force it because I don't want to break any custom scripts people are using that might not be able to handle it.
If you are experiencing any problems, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'm going to be switching over more parts of the website in the coming days, I just need to go through and fix a few hard-coded URLs.

I also have recently banned a few IPs of misbehaving web crawlers / bots / scripts. I tried to trace each IP back, but if there is no user-agent in the request, and trying the IP in a browser goes to a blank page, there isn't much I can do. If you find your script can no longer access the stats then again, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Also for some people that have embedded pages in Google Docs and WordPress, please remove them. Both those sources do ZERO caching of requests and end up making a LOT of queries for the same data over and over and over.

Heyo, sign me up! Deltalizer both here and for folding :D
Temporary:
Folding 24/7: i3-2130, 4GB DDR3, GTX 1070
Main PC + A little folding: i7-5820k, 8GB DDR4, R9 270x 
Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is DeadMansReach even though my username on this forum is DeadMansReach.

Let the snow removal commence.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=DeadMansReach&FAHTe...inbowdash2]
Count me in Twilightsmile

~ PoNyePiC

[Image: sigimage.php?u=658963&t=212997&b=rainbowdash1]
Sign me up. -davidfg4
Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is Rainboom_Dash even though my username on this forum is Rainboom_Dash.
[Image: sigimage.php?u=694644&t=212997&b=rainbowdash2]
I'll help out as much as I can!  I'm going to pass on the prizes to give others a better chance.

I'm in (RoBorg)!

I wouldn't mind taking over the sigs if I can get access.
I already updated them a bit a while ago but I've not been around much recently and don't have access to the server.
Behold... the one... the only... EquineVincitOmnia (<-Name on Folding btw) and you can count me in.
https://files.catbox.moe/d4f2ka.png

EDIT: Name has been changed to EquineVincitOmnia
Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is Llisandur even though my username on this forum is Llisandur.

Copy->Paste FTW.
[Image: sigimage.php?FAHUser=Llisandur&FAHTeam=2...=celestia1]
Hey! I love you guys (espically you tiwake!) and I want to join the competition. My folding name is PSFMer even though my username on this forum is PSFMer.

SOON